Monday, January 30, 2012

Snow Play dough

This week we are reading Snowy Day.  Since we have had a warmer than usually winter (which I am NOT complaining about) and no snow in the forecast, I made a batch of “snow” play dough for the kids to play with.

IMG_6890

To make the play dough I mixed the following:

  • 1 cup of flour
  • 1/2 cup of salt
  • 1 tablespoon cream of tarter
  • 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
  • 1 cup of water
  • lots of iridescent glitter
  • 2 tablespoons of white paint

Mix in all together in a nonstick sauce pan until it forms a ball.  Turn the dough out and knead it.  Then all you need is some kids and some accessories.  We used: buttons, a piece of orange pipe cleaner (nose) goggle eyes, sticks from outside, a felt scarf and hat, and popsicle sticks.

 IMG_6879

We used to popsicle sticks to hold our snowman up and keep his hat on his head.

IMG_6881

Some of the kids creations. 

IMG_6798_edited-1

May I introduce robot snowman, grandma snow, and Ms. Hollywood snow lady.

~Cindy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whenever I see a new batch of playdough I feel the need to go make some!! Love the snowman decorations you guys created!

Unknown said...

I love this idea and am going to do it with my MOMS Club!! What kind of white paint did you use?

kashish said...

I love this idea and am going to do it with my MOMS Club!
Muffle Furnace Manufacturer in India

Related Posts with Thumbnails